Thursday, March 24, 2011

New art quilt

My  work of the past 3 days finally finished.
Batiks quilted, painted, hand embroidered, free hand machine embroidery.
Stretch over a canvas and ready for my solo show in May.
Below are some close ups to show detail.

 I love how the hand dyed threads from Artfabrik added to the quilt.
Laura's Burnt marshmallow color way is my favorite.
I found an empty spool and rolled it around.
Dropped the feed days and it sewed beautifully.
 Sweet french knots add character.

Started another  one yesterday afternoon.
This one will be oak trees in the fall.

6 comments:

  1. One, of my fav stitches is stemmed french knots! and I think use of straight stitches can be sooo expressive. I like the combination of machine and hand stitch. Well done - I'm looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fabulous Mary Ann. I love the hand stitching and the texture. Most of all I love the colors you chose to use. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful May Ann!
    Thanks for using my threads in such a lovely piece.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Ann, your work is incredibly beautiful. Congratulations on a job very well done.
    Best regards, April S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful trees. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete