Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday Art Show.

Thought I would start Saturday off with some art.
Hollyhocks against the summer blue sky.
 Fall leaf collage.

 Black and rust collage
A collage of my neighbor Nell when she was a young girl.
I met her 48 years ago when I was newly married
and  she was an old   and ailing woman.
5 years ago I found this photo at a garage sale.
I paid too much but memories are priceless.
I am glad I got to see her young and beautiful. 
 This is a unusual  painting.
It is a overview of the section we live in.
See the X in the lower tight hand corner.
This is the old airport.
It is gradually getting overgrown.
A fun painting to do.
 One of my favorite abstracts.
Simple  clean colors.
A happy painting.
Friday I spent 7 hours at the collage working on pottery.
I hand built 3 vessels 2 looked good one not.
These are leaf themed and will have branches
 and vines sewn on with rawhide and waxed linen.
I am working on a series of clay & wood combinations.
Classes with the young adults always renews me.
Their minds are so innovative.
Enjoy your week-end.



2 comments:

  1. All very cool, but those hollyhocks just made my heart melt! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete