Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ready for Raku

April 8th we will do a Raku firing .
We were told to have our green ware ready by this Friday.
So Saturday through Tuesday noon I worked.
I am making some garden art.
This first one is a bird bath.
A simple form.
I threw some simple bowls.

 Than with slab construction I made some abstract forms.

 I made a fish to set in the bird water bowl.
The catch of the day.
Fish to raku.
These will hang on the wall.
Last years fish all sold .
People like fish.
 This wacky thing will be interesting to finish.
I don't know what possessed me.

I will show you the final results on April 9.
Have a great day.
Back to the sewing machine to work on the art quilts.


1 comment:

  1. Mary Ann, you are some artist. Multi talented and truly unique. As a painter/art quilter, I find that I cannot do the same things. I have to abstract my designs and break them down to their basic elements for fabric. No one teaches you these things, you just find them out for yourself. Maybe you should write a book about it.

    ReplyDelete