Friday, April 12, 2013

The art quilt and the painting that inspired the quilt.


 This is one of my favorite quilts and painting
that inspired it. I loved both.
The quilt in in New Mexico and the painting is
hanging over my sink in the studio. At least I kept
one of them. I have to remember to keep some of the
better works of art I do. My kids might want them
later in life.  It has been a rainy time but we do
need the ground moisture. So no complaints.
Yesterday I spent the day in Lafayette. I stopped
at Joann's with my coupons and got a bolt each of
805, 807 and a box of cheesecloth. The clerk
wanted to know what I was going to do with 80
yards of cheesecloth. Well with dyes it will become
tree trunks, water, and grasses on the 6 by 10 ft.
art quilt I will install next October. I thought I
had better get started now. I also found a nice cool
top to wear to the gallery walk for our show in May.
I got home by 9 pm and crashed. I slept 8 hours
which is unusual for me. I cleaned up the wet
studio and put away the clay stuff. Now it is
a matter of waiting for it to dry and bisque fire
the items, I ended up with 10 fish, 5 vases and
some small stuff to experiment with glazes on.
Now to go back to label my work for the show
and make sure it is all in order. That means a
bright light and look for threads to clip. The
 wood ducks have landed for the summer I so
enjoy watching them on the pond. We just need
some sunshine and warm weather. The tomatoes
have all sprouted in the sum room and now to
thin them out. I think my husband planter 8 per cell.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment