Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July.

From sea to shinning sea
or should I say from the pond.
I live in a special place.
This tranquil spot always delights the eye.
                          I plan to spend a quiet day at my sewing machine.
                          Actually making something for me once.
                          I will do a long narrow art quilt for the master bath.
                          Sitting on the throne I glanced at the wall.
                          It is a nicely framed print but wait "a print"
                          In an artist home. Shame. I can do better.
                          So later today I will show you the finished product.
                          Have a great day.
                          Grill the brats and make some lemonade.
                          Kick back and enjoy the day and hopefully
                          the fireworks will end by 10 pm for us old folks,
                         the young people in  our neighborhood seem to
                         like them loud. I swear they using dynamite.
                         The windows rattle at times.
               
                     



No comments:

Post a Comment