Saturday, January 28, 2012

Photo art quilts

I started bases for 3 new art quilts.
12 by 12 inches.
Incorporating photographs I have taken printed on silk.
I like the first 2 but the third one not so much.
It will be interesting to see if I can turn it into something.
I like the softness of the first two.
I really love the winter one.
Colors are great and will make a great addition to
the summer show Under Indiana Skies. 
 This one with the rock and post  is a good base too.
This one will be a challenge.
Maybe it needs to be a mixed media collage type quilt.
No time for work today.
My grandson is coming over to help me.
Need to switch out computer towers.
Put a new sewing chair together.
Put in a new smoke detector.
He is a electrician.
Change some high up light bulbs.
I bribed him with some tacos for lunch.
Plus 2 jars of Jalapeno sweet pickle relish
Have a great week-end.

1 comment:

  1. I love your work! very unique and I love your renegade spirit:)We both have quilts in the quilting gallery contest and I am the 2nd place to your wonderful winter scene. I do have to say as much as I want that fabric - yours is the better one and you are getting the votes to prove it. just wanted to say way to go and I admire your work. I will be following your blog as well.
    Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete