Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Foto Fiber 2012

From Virginia Spiegel's newsletter.
Most artists, well, me anyway, are people who like being alone, enjoy living in their heads, and just find the whole human race thing a bit much sometimes. But it is good, and I believe necessary, for all of us to see beyond ourselves now and then.

I am never busier than during the run-up to a fundraiser. And this, as in other years, this push has been accompanied by a surge in my creativity in the studio. Good deeds may be their own reward, but I always seem to be a double or triple winner. I hope as a Foto/Fiber artist or patron that you too gain by your good deeds beyond just the satisfaction of donating to a good cause.

I very much appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you at the big event on February 15.

Good works from Virginia.

I would like to ask you to participate in FoToFiber2012 and give to the American Cancer Society. We all have been touched by cancer. In my own family - sister-brother-grandmother-aunt and friends. Together we can find a cure.

Click on the LOGO to the right and see what we are talking about.
I found her words interesting like being alone and living in our heads. Some of my best works come from my head. When I go to bed at night I fall asleep to ideas in my imagination. Planning for future works.

No comments:

Post a Comment