Saturday, October 6, 2012

Colors of fall

We had a celebration of our art league's 40th anniversary.
Last night was a gala night at the gallery.
40 years ago myself and 20 or so others including
my mother got this organization off and running.
I had forgotten I was one of the founders.
The show looked amazing.
Judy Kanne does a really great job of hanging shows.
She has a really good eye for placement.
The perfect curator
Judy was the first president of our group 40 years ago.
My friend Doris who will be 91 next month was
also part of the original group,
She was there looking classy as usual.
Count down to surgery Wednesday.
I will be glad to have my knee fixed.
It has put a damper on my doing art
 with the studio in the basement.
I will put together small things I can work
on upstairs while I recover. Monday I will have
my grandson bring it all upstairs for me.
Now to make one more batch of soup.
Homemade mushroom today.
Maybe a apple pie to for my husband
for putting up with me.
It is a beautiful day so I think
 I will take the camera and go to Valparaiso
for some photos of trees.
The colors are so intense close to Lake Michigan.
Good excuse to eat out.
Have a great week-end.


No comments:

Post a Comment