Saturday, May 18, 2013

Successful opening.


The opening was last night of our show
In Harmony with Nature.
It was a success people loved the combined work
of us 4 friends. The art blended so well.
I sold 10 small ones and could have sold 10 of
the reflected trees on in the upper right.
I am going to make another one for Shelia Klinker
the Representative for Tippecanoe county.
She really like it . I need to make more of
this style, I find that people like trees and
water just like I do. The most asked question
was. Can I touch them. Yes you can that is
what fiber is about. 
I love when people can have a piece of art in
their homes and enjoy something tactile.
The constructive criticism was great too.
They gave me so many ideas. Ideas that will
have to wait until July.
 I am going to get to keep my favorite painting by
Dana Zier I just have to make her a reflective
art quilt of flowers reflected in water. We are
just trading art. I will get to try something new
flowers and water. That should be interesting.
Now to get ready for Sunday dinner tomorrow.
Craig requested a family dinner before they go
back to North Carolina. Ham, chicken roasted
new potatoes, asparagus, corn, salad and
pies for dessert. Yum should be good.
Little Tommy found one of my small art quilts
in progress. I had stippled around the center
motif and he though it was a treasure map.
How cute but it gives me an idea for his
Christmas present. Must find things with
treasure maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment